Updated by Laurin Thompke
iPhone 13 Power 2.0 Cases - What you need to know!
How do I work my new case?
For the case to begin charging your phone, you must hold the button on the back down for at least 3 seconds. No lights will come on if you just quickly press the power button. To check the battery level of the case, you will also need to hold down the power button.
We recommend charging the case by itself for the first full charge. After that, you can charge the phone and case at the same time. The first charge can take anywhere from 3-6 hours, depending on the battery level when you receive it. The case is fully charged when all four lights on the back are solid white, and none of them are blinking while still on the charger.
When charging the case and phone together, your phone will always charge first. Once your phone is fully charged, the case will begin to charge. See below for more information on compatible chargers and the Optimized Battery Charging feature.
What chargers are compatible with my new Power case?
Power 2.0 cases are designed to be charged with authentic Apple iPhone chargers and are also Qi certified wireless charging compatible. 3rd party charging cords, including 3rd party MagSafe chargers, could affect the case's charging capabilities. To avoid abnormal charging, we recommend using authentic Apple iPhone chargers and MagSafe® chargers.
Qi certified wireless charging: Power 2.0 Cases are compatible with flat wireless chargers to ensure proper alignment. Make sure the case is well positioned in the center of the charger for best connection. Non Qi certified chargers or chargers that are below Qi standard or quality, may result in overheating, no charge at all, or inconsistent charging modes (when the case flashes from charging to not charging).
iPhone 13 Battery Health & Optimized Battery Charging
Health & Optimized Battery Charging is a new Apple iOS feature in the newer phones where your phone will track your usage habit and will delay charging past 80% power when the iPhone is routinely not used during certain times of the day, for example: when you are sleeping and charging your phone overnight. This is called Optimized Battery Charging. This feature is automatically turned on in your settings.
When charging the phone and the case together, the phone will always charge first. Once the phone has hit 100%, the case will begin to charge. If you charge your case and phone together overnight with the Optimized Battery Charging feature turned on, your phone will charge up to 80% and finish charging when you are about to wake up. This means, your case does not charge at all. If you want to charge your phone and case together during the night, we recommend turning this feature off in your settings.
We recommend charging the case and phone separately, if you do not want to turn this feature off.
Power 2.0 IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Read all instructions and warning prior to using this product. Improper use of this product may result in product damage, excess heat, toxic fumes, fire or explosion, for which damages you ("Purchaser"), and neither Casely, Inc. nor Manufacturer, are responsible.
- Do not use device in high-temperature environment, including heat caused by intense sunlight or other forms or heat. Do not place device in fire or other excessively hot environments. Exposure to fire or temperature above 212°F (100°C) may cause explosion.
- Do not expose the Power 2.0 Charging case to rain or snow.
- Do not use the Power 2.0 Charging case in excess of its output rating. Overloading outputs above rating may result in a risk of fire or injury to persons.
- Do not disassemble this product or attempt to re-purpose or modify it in any manner.
- For questions or instructions for the various ways to charge this device, refer to the user manual.
- Use of a power supply or charger not recommended or sold my Casely, Inc. may result in a risk of fire or injury to persons.
- If this device is accessible to or may be used by a minor, purchasing adult agrees to be solely responsible for providing supervision, instruction, and warnings. Purchaser agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold Casely, Inc. and Manufacturer harmless for any claims or damages arising from unintended use or misuse by a minor.
- All products have gone through a thorough quality assurance inspection. If you find that your device is excessively hot, is emitting odor, is deformed, abraded, cut, or is experiencing or demonstrating an abnormal phenomenon, immediately stop all product use and contact Casely, Inc.